FAQ's when Hiring a Disc Jockey
Whether this is your first time hiring a DJ or Entertainer or you've experienced this process before, I will try to help educate
you in this process. The first thing you need to do is decide what your expectations of your event are. The date,
times, location and your budget will be factors that you need to have ready when you make your first contact with a DJ Company.
Usually "The Price" is what everyone asks first, but please remember, like most things in life, "you get what you pay for" and
depending on your event, a DJ will play an very large role in the success or the failure of your event. Keep this in mind when
you're shopping by price, because cheapest is not always better. If the DJ Company uses professional equipment, is current on their
song lists and carries liability insurance, you will be hiring a professional and not a hobbyist.
The following are a few tips, suggestions, and some informative questions you should ask before you make your final decision?
- Do you use professional equipment?
- There is a difference between the audio equipment for home use and the equipment a professional Disc Jockey uses,
yes - even the cd players. Professional audio equipment is built to go on the road day in and day out. Make sure your
prospective choices use only professional grade equipment.
I use only State-of-the-Art professional grade equipment to insure high reliability from event to event!
- Will you be suitably dressed for the occasion?
- It is important that your Disc Jockey looks the part by dressing in formal or semiformal attire. Make sure to specify the
type of apparel that your Disc Jockey should use. There should be no added fee charged for formal attire.
I will come dressed appropriately for all events!
- Will you provide a written contract?
- It is extremely important to have your booking confirmed in writing. All terms of the agreement should be in writing to avoid any
complications at a later date.
I will put it in writing!
- Do you know the proper procedure and etiquette for your type of event?
- A professional Disc Jockey will become involved with the planning of your special day and will be prepared to handle any
announcements or special events on the day of your event.
I have over 20 years experience in the Disc Jockey business!
- Will you discuss musical selections ahead of time, and is he or she willing to play requests, particularly
if they are suitable for dancing?
- A professional Disc Jockey is aware that they cannot possibly know everything there is to know about music and entertainment.
They should however, be willing to listen to your ideas and suggestions. They should make themselves available prior to your
wedding to discuss selections. Special requests should never be a problem and your Disc Jockey should be willing to play them
where they are appropriate.
I provide free consultation for selection of music and event planning!
- Are you insured?
- Having insurance is part of any legitimate business. Liability and casualty policies will protect you, your guests and your
DJ company from unforeseen circumstances.
I can provide proof of liability for you or your location's peace of mind.
- Will you arrive on time?
- Punctuality is a necessity, and as professional business men and women A DJ should be aware of their responsibilities
to their clients. Time spent setting up and removing equipment is not part of the entertainment fee.
I will arrive at least one hour before I am contracted to play so I may have sufficient time to set up!